User Options

News

Idea for making moderation much faster (please comment!)
Just an idea: we can let all users with 1000+ approved graphics vote on the moderation queue. If a graphic is approved by, say, 10 different people, it'll be automatically shown in the public galleries with "pre-mod" status. So mods may still alter it or reject it later on, but you won't have to wait for approvals anymore.

What do you guys think? Is this something that would work for you?

Update: dropped the 1000+ graphics requirement.
Written by Serhat on 2010-06-16(43 comments)

tags_aggela (moderator) writes:
thank you Shonna for understanding and supporting! YOU GO GIRL!!!!! MUAH! ;D

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 12:01:46pm

shonna (official artist) writes:
I meant to put I am not perfect... see I am not perfect just made mistake there ..but forgetting to put not.. but trying to learn from em...sorry about that..

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 11:29:12am

Well I do agree with you Aggela..wish there were...maybe your wish will come true just takes time but I am here with ya...just like you and Roni said can't please everyone and make em happy that's a part of life..cause there always someone that is going to complain about something wheather we like it or not....I say lets move on into a different subject in life..and just wait for the updates on GG and me as myself can't wait too see em looking forward to em when the time comes and it does take time and that's what patient is..is taking time.....and you are welcome Aggela and Roni I would not be here if I didn't care...if wasn't for others for yall two I would not be here too you all don't have to thank me you mods need to be thanked the most...if wasn't for this and lunapic I would not be doing what I am doing today what I Love doing... but going to support the mods on the site just like I do everyone one else not going put no one down cause I know I am perfect neither is anyone else ...but all I do is try that's what everyone has to do is there best and give there all and anyone cau succeed in life...that's what life is all about..
in deep down inside I know there needs to be a Mod appreciation thread...so users can thank the mods that have done what they do on here not only do they except or reject graphics they also help users to understand where to put the graphics at if they put them in the wrong area.. they delete the graphics that the user or users request for them to delete graphics and also they delete accounts ....and also mods also take requests so I know I said enough...but that's what I am trying to say what the mods in staff have done for each and everyone one of us and even put our graphics in the right catorgies..in graphics... that's why there needs to be appreciation thread for the mods....Give them a great applause for making gg what it is today...

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 11:26:00am

can i see for once more users to support moderators??? And not users that blame us??? Can someone grand my wish please???

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 10:09:44am

Well I am here been here for a long while on the internet...and like I said before hand if you want to upload your graphics and get them quicker then go to IMAGESHACK.US or Photobucket.com cause the only difference is them places don't have there graphics sit in the mod que...like they do here and you all got to think on how many mods that put there hard work to the site.. and are willing to do anything to help us all for free so what's the whole of point nagging an whining ...no since of it and you all have to think of how members there are on here on this site that upload graphics well I do wish there was a statistic area on gg so people would relize on how many people are on this site..I Noticed how many people almost over a thousands of thousands of people are on this site...just think about what you say before it comes out...cause there are more members then then there are mods...and we all have to think even me I make mistakes and I do try to fix my mistakes but not making that same mistakes...I will say sorry on that my mistakes...

LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE ALL HAVE A LIFE ESPECIALLY THE MODS
so give them credit of coming out here and helping the site out...and again I do thank em..for that if they weren't here at all excepting our uploads then there would not be no gg...without them... I do try to help if I see someone that needs help on how to do codes on here or how to make a graphic or anything else and I don't mind helping anyone on the site even finding a gg members friend which I did at one time...but that was just pure luck there ....what's wrong with people today there are not enough patient people out here to willing to wait hand and foot...what I am trying to say is too many complainers and not enough patient people...but there are good people out on here gg and anyone where else and like I said before you know who you are which is big thank you to the ones that do that...
So keep up the great work like you all do..on here gg...and many thanks to them...and gg would not be the same without them...

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 9:59:34am

gothkytten (moderator) writes:
also people not only do we have a real life outside of gg. we dont get paid for being a mod. we do this for you guys for free. it would be nice if you would think about that before you complain about approvals not being fast enough to your liking.

Posted on: Oct 2nd 2010, 1:25:55am

gothkytten (moderator) writes:
most of the time a graphic hasn't gotten approved quickly is because we are sleeping or working our real jobs. i try to approved some in the morning before work and a few before bed.

Posted on: Sep 26th 2010, 8:39:25pm

vib2000 writes:
I can live with this :)

Posted on: Sep 26th 2010, 8:30:25am

I can't understand this. I really don't. We try our best to get those graphics moderated! And yes, we have lives too! So there is no reason to complain. Graphics are getting approved really quickly these days!

Thank you Shonna for your support! ;)

Posted on: Sep 26th 2010, 3:07:35am

Your welcome Roni yeah I agree with ya people do forget I don't know why people worry about the uploads it's not like a life and death situation here...and sometimes there are days when there is just one person modding...so been there done that...yeah it does put pressure to that the person...when there is only one person doing it all...but so glad that there is help along the way ..with the staff...making it the place like it is... today... and it does say in the faq may take up 24 hours when we upload graphics people don't even bother to read either and when the graphics are in moderation depends on the timezone too....

Posted on: Sep 25th 2010, 9:42:01pm

thanks Roni and your welcome...too..
I am learning from my mistakes as well
now atleast I do know which is which in catagory
cause I do go check once they get accepted sometimes
I do accidently put em in the wrong catagory we used to
able to change a catagory along time ago don't what happened
to that and it would save alot from the mods if we can put them in catagories when we edit...just incase we do mess up..

and I know we can't make everyone satisfied everyone has opinions on what they think... of all this...I know how it feels to be a mod...cause I mod on another site that's why I think a whole of the staff on here and going think good thoughts on em who ever in staff and they who they are thanks for all yalls help..and support..

Posted on: Sep 25th 2010, 9:20:40pm

the mods do have a life of there own just like we do...besides being moderation 24 to 7 to me the graphics will get either rejected or accepted...when they check em out..and if someone wants there graphic to be accepted quicker then go upload to imageshack.us or tinypic or photobucket.com I know they upload quicker but one thing is different there not checked once when there uploaded on them sites there is a difference between gg and those uploading sites.....we all have to think they have to check each graphic one by one... so keep up the great work...Staff..team...on gg..

Posted on: Sep 25th 2010, 8:39:42pm

ϰɢяɛɛиϰɛʏɛ∂ϰ writes:
i think this site takes a longgggg time to approve graphics

Posted on: Sep 25th 2010, 6:59:54pm

Add your comment

Please login or register to submit your comment.